What I provide at consultation over the course of pregnancy and postpartum care:
It’s my firm belief that if you pay to see an obstetrician at every visit, you should see an obstetrician at every visit. My midwife Natalie is also available most days for consultation. I provide:
- A comprehensive personal and family history at the initial consultation
- Arrange all pathology and the 2 formal ultrasound requests
- After 13 weeks, admission to Wollongong Private Hospital
- Arrange immediate and ongoing management of miscarriage if unfortunately this is required.
- Scheduled visits are arranged for the entirety of the pregnancy. I DON’T DOUBLE BOOK. MY TIME IS PRECIOUS AND SO IS YOURS. I hate waiting around and I appreciate you don’t want to be kept waiting either.
- I endeavour to attend every delivery and seldom go on holidays.
- I won’t take on a patient if I know well in advance I’m going to be away on their due date.
- In the postpartum period I visit my patients in the maternity ward every day including weekends with rare exception and sometimes twice a day.
- I see patients in rooms at six weeks postpartum for a well-being check and to arrange contraception should this be required, cervical screening and insertion of intrauterine contraceptive devices.
What I provide at no additional charge:
- An initial early pregnancy dating scan.
- The post-operative consultation.
- For those needing extra reassurance because of previous miscarriage or other concerns I offer additional scans. Out of schedule consults and reassurance scans.
- A growth ultrasound at every visit provided they are 10-14 days apart.
- A 3D/4D picture of baby’s face after 24 weeks.
- All visits after leaving hospital up to and including the six-week postpartum follow-up.
Total Pregnancy Care
We understand that while thinking about your precious baby is exciting, it can also be stressful, and with all the information available, a little overwhelming. We welcome questions. The more, the better. We are conveniently based in the Wollongong CBD and are here to ensure you have the best information for your circumstances and needs.
Total Pregnancy Care
We understand that while thinking about your precious baby is exciting. It can also be stressful, and with all the information available, a little overwhelming. We welcome questions. The more, the better. We want you to have the best information for your circumstances and needs.